HandsOn Network, a Points of Light enterprise equips individuals and organizations to learn, lead, and take action to create positive social change. From Spring 2013 to Spring 2014 we have:
- Developed 70 new tools for the social sector
- Trained over 1300 individuals
- Conducted over 100 trainings
- Trained upwards of 3,000 organizations
- Delivered e-learning courses to over 100 people
- Graduated 250 new Service Leaders through the Service Leader Certificate Program
- Over 12,000 downloads of tools and resources
- Over 3 million hits on videos and podcasts
We provide individuals and organizations with learning experiences that transform lives and communities.
- Volunteer Leaders and Managers;
- Students; and
- Organizations (Nonprofits, Government entities, and communities of faith).
We provide training and consulting on the following topics:
- Volunteer Management
- Volunteer Leadership
- Skills Based Volunteering
- Service Enterprise
- Community Engagement
HandsOn Network has a broad network of practitioners and experts that we leverage for the planning, development and implementation of learning programs. We provide learning experiences that are dynamic, innovative, and impact-oriented. Our training and consulting philosophy is based on:
- Principles of adult learning;
- Practitioner-based best practices;
- Collaborative and interactive design;
- Practical resources for innovation, action and impact; and,
- Needs of the target audience.
Interested in learning more about Training and Consulting contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nonprofits & Government
How your agency can effectively utilize the talents of people who serve…
The Points of Light Corporate Institute is the go-to resource for community-minded companies looking to build and expand effective employee volunteer programs.
HandsOn Action Centers
HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers put people at the center of change, delivering high-impact programming in more than 200 communities worldwide.
We have classes available 24/7, for you to take at your own pace.
Points of Light has partnered with Kansas State University to create a unique opportunity to sharpen your community leadership skills. The Community-Engaged Leadership Certificate is a 12 credit-hour course during which students will have the opportunity to bridge theory and hands-on experience.
Check out our training calendar to register for live instructor-led classes. You can also browse hundreds of our previous recorded sessions at Points of Light’s Learning Center.
Sign up for eVolve, a monthly newsletter which includes topics on the latest training trends and provides electronic technical assistance on related topics.
The Leadership Faculty expands our capacity to provide training, through leadership and consulting services.