Projects included refurbishing schools damaged by flooding, painting murals in day care centers and hospital rooms, planting urban vegetable gardens and assisting with resume writing and mock job interviews for migrant youth, just to name a few of the significant activities volunteers accomplished.
Achievements of Servathon 2009 by the numbers:
- 32 companies participated in
- 37 projects with
- 65 volunteer leaders and
- 10 Volunteer photographers
- 1,075 Volunteers.
- All these translates to a grand total of 12,815 volunteers
- Benefiting 12,025 students in 4 schools
- Serving 12 communities
- Affecting 1,000 families,
- 20 single moms and more than 4,000 youth and children!
- Nonprofits & Government
The Points of Light Corporate Institute is the go-to resource for community-minded companies looking to build and expand effective employee volunteer programs.
HandsOn Action Centers
HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers put people at the center of change, delivering high-impact programming in more than 200 communities worldwide.
HandsOn Network will post reflections and announcements related to civic engagement. We intend for this space to be an open forum, and we welcome your thoughts!