HandsOn Network enables leading companies to meet our Nation’s most pressing needs - while strengthening their own organizations by engaging employees in service. As the country's premier volunteer organization, HandsOn Network is the go-to destination for companies of all sizes looking to improve their community service initiatives.
How Your Company Can Get HandsOn
- Customized Employee Volunteer Programs: develop strategically relevant and meaningful employee volunteer programs that address employees' interests, target real community needs and meet company priorities
- Sponsorship Opportunities: support our high-impact national days of service, recognition programs, and special events aimed at maximizing the impact of your employee volunteer programs
- Corporate Service Council: premier national platform for advancing corporate volunteerism, with members comprised of Corporate America’s elite.
Trends of Excellence SeriesThe Points of Light Corporate Institute has released the newest Trends of Excellence, a series of reports analyzing employee volunteer programs (EVP) to identify the practices associated with excellence.
Employee Volunteer Activities is available as a free download today. This latest volume focuses on the refreshing variety and creative volunteer activities of Excellent Employee Volunteer Programs (EVPs). Findings suggest that Excellent EVPs have shown that volunteer activities can take on many forms, including:
- Service sabbaticals
- Days/weeks of service
- Stakeholder friendly volunteering
- Family volunteering
- Volunteering augmented with repurposed workplace assets
- Job-integrated volunteering
- Green volunteering
- Brand-resonant volunteering
- Skills-based volunteering
- Travel-enriched volunteering
- Suite of services to individual nonprofits
- Volunteering that supports the EVP
- Volunteering aligned with the personal interests of each employee
The Trends of Excellence is a series of reports based on Points of Light Corporate Engagement Awards of Excellence finalist companies. The reports analyze award winning employee volunteer programs to identify the practices associated with excellence and focus on a number of practices of excellent EVPs including company support, strategies, policies, activities, outcomes and innovations.
Download a free copy of the reports below:
- Last updated: Wed, 1969-12-31 20:00
Nonprofits & Government
How your agency can effectively utilize the talents of people who serve…
How your company can engage employees in volunteer service while addressing the Nation’s most critical needs…
HandsOn Action Centers
HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers put people at the center of change, delivering high-impact programming in more than 200 communities worldwide.
Does your company have an outstanding workplace volunteer program?
Applications are now being accepted for the 20th annual Corporate Engagement Award of Excellence.
Start your application now!
Deadline for applications is March 13, 2013, 11:59 p.m. EST
To learn more about the award, click here.
On January 15, 2013, Points of Light held a webinar for all interested companies to get tips and insights on completing the new application for the Corporate Engagement Award of Excellence. We reviewed the award criteria, the selection process, and answered questions about the applications. To view a recording of the webinar, click here.
Mark your calendar and join us for our upcoming webinars featuring the 2012 Corporate Engagement Award of Excellence honorees:
- Cbeyond – Date: March 13, 2013, 2-3pm EST To register, click here
- Timberland – Date: April 11, 2013, 2-3pm EST To register, click here
- Points of Light Corporate Engagement Award of Excellence Honoree Spotlight Series feat. Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods Inc.) Access the recording here.