Donor Relations Coordinator
Points of Light Institute seeks a Donor Relations Coordinator to provide timely, personalized, strategic communication to major gift prospects and donors. The Donor Relations Coordinator will be engaged in the lifespan of major gift donor development and as such, will work alongside the Major Gifts team as well as colleagues in the strategy/ marketing/ communications area. The Donor Relations Coordinator will research individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects, develop donor briefs, maintain a regular schedule of individualized donor communications, and oversee donor recognition in all forms. The Manager will interface with account managers and program leaders within the Points of Light Institute to promote clear, meaningful communication with donors. This is a mid-level position within the Major Gifts group based in Atlanta and integral to the team’s ability to fuel Points of Light Institute’s capacity to ignite a new spirit of service and civic engagement across the world.
Points of Light Institute
Points of Light Institute advances innovative civic strategies to shape national policy, achieve impact through service and build an engaged citizenry. We organize to innovate, incubate and activate new ideas that help people act upon their power to make change. Currently, Points of Light Institute operates three dynamic business units that share a mission to equip, mobilize and inspire people to take action that changes the world. These business units are HandsOn Network, MissionFish and Civic Incubator, which provide a variety of ways for people to participate in local, national and global communities.
This new position supports the organization’s overall major gift engagement plan as an investment in broadening its donor base and committing to long-term major donor cultivation. The Donor Relations Coordinator provides recruitment and stewardship experiences for Points of Light Institute donors. The Manager possesses exceptional communication, strategic, and account management abilities. S/he is especially competent in supporting and collaborating with Corporate Relations and Major Gifts colleagues.
The Donor Relations Coordinator maintains primary responsibility for supporting Development account managers’ initiatives by
- Researching individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects in terms of their capacity and inclination to support the Points of Light Institute mission.
- Developing donor briefs as tools for comprehensive donor cultivation.
- Complementing Points of Light Institute’s marketing initiatives with producing a regular schedule of high-level donor communications.
- Overseeing donor recognition in support of account manager’s strategy for professional stewardship of donors’ support.
- Documenting activities and utilizing the SalesForce database to further effective fundraising.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience and/or demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong researching and prospecting skills.
- Excellent computer skills including database management.
- A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive revenue goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to support others’ objectives as his/her own.
- A commitment to community service and the mission of Points of Light Institute.
- An ability to thrive in an environment characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently to address a wide variety of considerations.
This Position Description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the organization’s overall benefit. Additionally, this position will support the goals outlined in the Cooperative Agreement with The Corporation for National and Community Service.
Salary range: Competitive and based upon experience, with excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Please email referencing the job title a cover letter (stating how you heard about this position) and resume to resumes@HandsOnNetwork.org.
- Nonprofits & Government
The Points of Light Corporate Institute is the go-to resource for community-minded companies looking to build and expand effective employee volunteer programs.
HandsOn Action Centers
HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers put people at the center of change, delivering high-impact programming in more than 200 communities worldwide.