Start a HandsOn Action Center
HandsOn Action Centers, also known as Affiliates, Volunteer Centers, or Cares organizations, are the engine through which HandsOn Network connects thousands of volunteers to meaningful service opportunities throughout the United States, and increasingly, throughout the world.
HandsOn Action Centers work on a “community-wide” basis across various issues to develop high-impact volunteer programming. Through building relationships with nonprofit, school, faith-based, corporate partners and others, Action Centers play a critical role in leveraging volunteer power to the fullest effect. HandsOn Action Centers implement programming in a wide variety of ways, shaping their work according to the assets and needs of their local communities.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please send an email to email@example.com.
Requirements for ALL Action Centers
- Independent 501(c)(3); fiscal agent partnership with 501(c)(3) or a program internal to another 501(c)(3) or local, county, state government or institution of higher education; or equivalency of 501(c)(3) if outside United States
- Payment of annual membership dues
- Completion of annual Action Center report (additional resources on how to complete this will be made available to Action Centers by January of each year)
- Publicize membership in HandsOn Network through promotional materials
- Maintain online presence that facilitates engaging volunteers in meaningful opportunities to serve. (i.e. HandsOn Connect or similar technology)
Join the Network
We are currently in the process of revising our membership structure and are not taking on new members. If you are interested in being on the mailing list for when we are accepting new members or have questions about membership in general, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and some basic information about your organization.
HandsOn Action Centers Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of FAQs regarding HandsOn Action Centers, click here.
Last Updated: Thu, 2012-06-07 15:21
Nonprofits & Government
How your agency can effectively utilize the talents of people who serve…
How your company can engage employees in volunteer service while addressing the Nation’s most critical needs…
HandsOn Action Centers
HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers put people at the center of change, delivering high-impact programming in more than 200 communities worldwide.